Welcome to The Rebellion Forums.

Please make an account or sign in as a guest.

If you wish to join us then make a topic in our recruiting section.

Thank you

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to The Rebellion Forums.

Please make an account or sign in as a guest.

If you wish to join us then make a topic in our recruiting section.

Thank you

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Zoli
Legend/Sasuke
JUDGE
7 posters

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain

Payno
    Payno

Forum Grade Points : 8794

Metal Gear Solid 5:  Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain

Post by Payno Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:18 pm

Konami has updated the official Japanese MGSV site revealing several different editions for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.

First up: the Premium Package. There will be one for PlayStation 3, one for Xbox 360 and one for PlayStation 4.

Metal Gear Solid 5:  Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain - Page 2 14cyywo

The bundle will include a retail copy of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Revoltech Big Boss action figure with a bunch of accessories, and a Peace Walker novel with illustrations by Yoji Shinkawa. It will be sold by Amazon Japan.

Secondly, Konami Style Japan will offer Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Limited Edition for PS4, PS3 and Xbox 360. This will include a retail copy of the game, as well as a Big Boss Play Arts Kai action figure.

Metal Gear Solid 5:  Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain - Page 2 6zr693

Thirdly, there’s the normal version, again launching on PS3, PS4 and Xbox 360. This simply consists of the game on a disc.

Metal Gear Solid 5:  Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain - Page 2 15gxyxe

Also announced, a Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes limited edition watch. Like the Metal Gear Rising watch, this one has been created in collaboration with Wired.

Metal Gear Solid 5:  Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain - Page 2 2a0kw0i

To see the the full details for each of these products, go here: http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/gz/jp/products/index.html

Something that is surprising here is that there does seem to be a retail version for PlayStation 4 after all, but Konami hasn’t announced one yet outside of Japan.
    Payno
    Payno

Metal Gear Solid 5:  Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain - Page 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain

Post by Payno Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:19 am

Xbox also getting exclusive content for MGSV. I bet they've paid for something awesome aswell.

Metal Gear Solid 5:  Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain - Page 2 Metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-contenu-exclusif-xbox-one-360-annonce-ny-s
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:51 am

The X-Box DLC actually looks pretty cool:

necronomicon
    necronomicon

Forum Grade Points : 5185

Post by necronomicon Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:28 pm

hi guys! =)

It's been a long time since I posted, or even visited this forum, but it's good to see it's still up and running.
    So.. Ground Zero has been out for a while now and I guess some of you guys have played it ( and so have I).
    As most of us really liked mgs4/mgo2 so I'm curious what you guys think about Ground Zero.
    Personally I prefer the old game and the old controls... but then again I might just be nostalgic xDD
    Anyway I hope your all doing good and feeling fine!!
    / Mike
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:41 pm

Hey Mike, I hope you are good Very Happy

The forum is still just about up and running still. I kept it going as I thought MGO3 would have been out by now!

I really enjoyed Ground Zeroes. I was quite happy with the controls and animations and it all should work quite nicely on MGO3. The enemy AI was a bit repetitive which was a shame as I'm sure Kojima said you would never catch them doing the same thing twice. The enemy movements were almost identical with every play through.

It was obviously a bit short and there wasn't much story (most of it was spoiled in the trailers) but it's really made me look forward to The Phantom Pain. That game should really be epic as it's supposed to be about 100 times bigger.

I've still got a few trophies to get 100% but my PS4 has started to overheat so I need to send it back Sad
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:54 am

Quiet trailer:

Diamond Dog trailer:

TGS 2014 gameplay trailer in English:

Gamescom 2014 demo:

Zoli
    Zoli

Forum Grade Points : 7388

Post by Zoli Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:50 am

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will be released on 1st September 2015 on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3!

Collector’s Edition:
    - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    - Half scale replica of Snake’s Bionic Arm
    - Exclusive Collector’s Edition packaging
    - Original Steelbook
    - Behind the Scenes Blu-Ray documentary and Trailers compilation
    - Map

In-game additional content:
    - Weapons pack including 4 guns and 4 personal ballistic shields
    - Cardboard box pack including 3 boxes
    - Snake Costume pack including 4 camouflage fatigue outfits
    - MGO items: Metal Gear Rex Helmet, Gold AM MRS-4, Gold WU S. Pistol
    - Metal Gear Online XP Boost

Metal Gear Solid 5:  Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain - Page 2 16687271136_24f089a0a3_b

Day One Edition:
    - Adam-ska Special revolver
    - Silver personal ballistic shield
    - Wetland Cardboard box
    - Blue Urban Fatigues outfit
    - Metal Gear Online XP boost

Metal Gear Solid 5:  Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain - Page 2 16527065569_8859b8a947_n
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:04 am

In an interview with IGN, Kojima discussed Snakes character archetype and how he was redesigned for this game.

I've said it many times, but I understand why people feel Snake is cool and admire him. In realty, though, Snake is and always has been nothing more than an extension of the player. He's your alter ego. Therefore, I made a very conscious effort this time to bring Snake closer to the player's perspective. As much as possible, Snake will act based on the player rather than doing things like making spontaneous comments or flirting with women.

In fact, this time, Snake won't really speak much at all. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is an open world game focused on giving freedom to the player who will drive Snake's actions. Snake himself will be more of a silent protagonist similar to Mad Max in Mad Max 2. It's the characters around him who will expand the story.

Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima says The Phantom Pain will be the final game in the "Metal Gear Saga." Kojima has made claims like this before, but in a video interview with IGN, he tackles that reputation head on.

I always say this will be my last Metal Gear, but the games in the series that I've personally designed and produced -- Metal Gear on MSX, MG2, MGS1, 2, 3, 4, Peace Walker, and now MGSV -- are what constitute a single 'Metal Gear Saga.' With MGSV, I'm finally closing the loop on that saga.

In that sense, this will be the final Metal Gear Solid. Even if the 'Metal Gear' franchise continues, this is the last 'Metal Gear.'

Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:24 am

E3 2015 trailer:

E3 2015 gameplay demo:

Zoli
    Zoli

Forum Grade Points : 7388

Post by Zoli Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:42 am

Im ready for late night MGO 3. Check out my fancy new mugs Metal Gear Solid 5:  Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain - Page 2 334962

Metal Gear Solid 5:  Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain - Page 2 Photo10

Last edited by Zoli on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:52 pm

Me too. The last person to kill me was Atti so I've been plotting this revenge kill for years now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:28 am