Welcome to The Rebellion Forums.

Please make an account or sign in as a guest.

If you wish to join us then make a topic in our recruiting section.

Thank you

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to The Rebellion Forums.

Please make an account or sign in as a guest.

If you wish to join us then make a topic in our recruiting section.

Thank you

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
wtap
Padraig
AtticusValo
Zoli
Payno
9 posters

Premier League Discussion Thread

AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Forum Grade Points : 6827

Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Post by AtticusValo Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:15 pm

Looks like MON is looking for some striking power,

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2817581/Boyd-in-Villa-talks.html
    ^Could be a great buy imo, could give Hibs a chance at SPL too Razz

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2810650/Kop-in-Kenwyne-swap-shock.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football
    ^"But Benitez faces a fight with Aston Villa for unsettled Trinidad and Tobago ace Jones, 25.Villa manager Martin O'Neill is plotting a £12m move for the Black Cats forward."

Craig Gardner looks like he's leaving too, Birmingham are in talks with Villa.
    Payno
    Payno

Forum Grade Points : 8832

Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Post by Payno Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:39 pm

I'm always wary about players from Scotland coming down here. They bag 20 goals a season in the SPL then barely manage 5 in The Premiership.

Remember when we signed Shaun Maloney from Celtic a few years ago? He was player of the year in Scotland and he did nothing for us.

Kenwyne Jones would be a decent buy though. Quick and powerful so should put some pressure on Agbonlahor. Can't be much worse than Heskey anyway.

Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 4 Rc1nv7
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:45 pm

Aston Villa are pleased to announce that tickets for the Carling Cup final at Wembley Stadium will be released on a priority sale basis to season card holders from 9am on Wednesday January 27.

To enable a fair distribution of cup final tickets to supporters at all available price categories - ranging from £38 to £80 - and to allow the club to deliver a high standard of customer service to our supporters, tickets will be sold on a one-ticket-per season card holder basis.

They will also be staggered over a 10 day period to ensure that calls are handled as efficiently as possible.

Tickets will be available to purchase block-by-block via the Call Centre, or online at www.avfc.co.uk and the Villa Village Ticket Office only and will be sold strictly to our sales criteria together with the terms and conditions of use as outlined by the Football League and Wembley Stadium.

As the outcome of the second semi-final has yet to be settled, supporters are reminded that the club will not have their tickets at Villa Park for some time and, therefore, all tickets will be posted out.

We expect an approximate allocation of 31,000 tickets for the Carling Cup final - played on Sunday February 28 - and all surplus tickets will be made available according to levels of booking history during the 2009-10 season.

Could be tough getting a ticket!
    wtap
    wtap

Forum Grade Points : 5464

Post by wtap Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:06 pm

Payno, Boyd would be a good acquisition for villa imo. He is a natural goalscorer. Not the most gifted of footballers, or the biggest teamplayers, but(sadly for us over the past few seasons) if he gets the right delivery and chances he WILL score.

He has already overtaken Henrik Larrson's(who we can all agree, was a class act) goalscoring record.

Reckon he would find the pace of the EPL a bit different to up here, but after a while i reckon he will settle in.

I used to be a bit of a villa fan in my younger days, i remember savo milosovic's amazing goal at some cup final if i remember correctly.

But a few years of living in Hackney and id say i follow arsenal now.

Cool
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:18 am

If he does join us, he will get probably the best delivery in the Premier League. Downing, Milner and Young will put in endless crosses for him. Heskey and Agbonlahor lack the movement to get on the end of our crosses. Anybody with a decent goal scoring instinct will get 15-20 league goals with us.

Oh I'd kill for another Savo Milosevic. 1996 Coca Cola Cup final. What a screamer that was!
    Zoli
    Zoli

Forum Grade Points : 7426

Post by Zoli Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:01 pm

looooooool Heskey
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:41 pm

villa played better in the 2nd half but cant score Sad

did u see the referee he was awful Very Happy
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:16 pm

Still need that goal-scorer that we have been talking about! Though Agbonlahor was wrongly called offside twice today when he was clean through.

Downing was totally useless today. He was just running off the pitch with the ball at times.
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Post by AtticusValo Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:45 pm

I chose to watch the villa game instead of the Carling cup semi, big mistake >_>
    Sol Cambell is the defensive equivalent of Emile Heskey

Atleast i catched rooneys winner though. That smile will be turned upside down at the final though >:]
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:40 am

i hope Gera ll playing good but Villa win tonight
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:57 am

Is anyone more of a beast than Richard Dunne? What a fella.

Agbonlahor's goals were well taken aswell.
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:26 pm

Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 4 Aw8i7l

Looking good
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Post by AtticusValo Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:29 pm

Next week is gonna be vital, vs Tottenham.

It's on ESPN too so its all good ;]
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:31 pm

I got a great stream on Veetle today. Never used Veetle before and it was probably better than the usual Sopcast YES TV
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Post by AtticusValo Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:09 pm

After watching the game highlights again, dont you think Dunne looks like pad? xD
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:01 pm

DIE IN A FIRE PAYNO

Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 4 264gsk7

Now you mention it, I have never seen the two of them together....
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Post by AtticusValo Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:13 am

I know it isnt Villa discussion but wtfffff, Robbie Keane on loan to Celtic?!
    Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 4 V76yph
    ROBBIE Keane last night agreed a staggering £65,000-a-week deal to join Celtic - making him the highest earner in Scottish football history.Keane's £2million loan deal from Spurs until the end of the season will see him pocket £1MILLION including bonuses for just 14 weeks' work - with the SPL ending on May 9.
    Article Link
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:37 am

Just look at his face. He's an idiot. He doesnt know what the hell is going on.
    I dont know why so many big clubs keep signing him. He has no loyalty and clearly gets an attitude on whenever he isnt playing.

He will score a bagful of goals up there though.

EDIT: I saw Mido go to West Ham aswell and hes 'only' on £1k a week!
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:59 am

How old is he? 45-50?
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Post by AtticusValo Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:26 am

Hes 30 i think, somewhere around that age.

45-50! footballers are retired by then xD
    Depends on position though, goalkeepers normally have afew more years than the other positions. Friedel is 38 and hes still beasting.
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:53 am

i mixed up with Roy Keane Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 4 433902
    lol!
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Post by AtticusValo Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:10 pm

Roy Keane xD

He's a manager now, he manages Ipswich Town.
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:58 am

Heskey is absolutely useless
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:20 am

great 1st half
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Post by AtticusValo Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:39 pm

Man i found that hella-boring, waste of being on espn >_>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:39 am