Welcome to The Rebellion Forums.

Please make an account or sign in as a guest.

If you wish to join us then make a topic in our recruiting section.

Thank you

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to The Rebellion Forums.

Please make an account or sign in as a guest.

If you wish to join us then make a topic in our recruiting section.

Thank you

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
FraRPetO
-Doshka
Legend/Sasuke
Zoli
JUDGE
Padraig
AtticusValo
REB0RN
12 posters

PSN down?

FraRPetO
    FraRPetO

Forum Grade Points : 6028

PSN down? - Page 3 Empty Re: PSN down?

Post by FraRPetO Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:43 am

damn.... hackers must have been so jealous...
    i got trophies again PSN down? - Page 3 525591 can't wait to sync them and boost my lvl %
    REB0RN
    REB0RN

Forum Grade Points : 5015

Post by REB0RN Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:03 pm

Yeeeees finally some information from psn blog thing !!!!!!! ( eu psn )

"Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the current outage of PlayStation Network & Qriocity services. We don’t have an exact date to share at this moment as to when we will have the services turned on, but are working day and night to ensure it is as quickly as possible. We are currently working to send the following message via email to all of our registered account holders regarding a compromise of personal information as a result of this malicious attack on our servers, so please look for this information via email as well. Please note that we are as upset as you are regarding this attack and are going to proceed aggressively to track down those that are responsible.
    Valued PlayStation Network/Qriocity Customer,
    We have discovered that between April 17 and April 19, 2011, certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity service user account information was compromised in connection with an illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our network. In response to this intrusion, we have:

1) Temporarily turned off PlayStation Network and Qriocity services;
    2) Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened; and
    3) Quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our network infrastructure by re-building our system to provide you with greater protection of your personal information.
    We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and goodwill as we do whatever it takes to resolve these issues as quickly and efficiently as practicable.
    Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state/province, zip or postal code), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity passwords and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence that credit card data was taken at this time, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, to be on the safe side we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may also have been obtained.

For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security, tax identification or similar number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. When the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that you log on and change your password. Additionally, if you use your PlayStation Network or Qriocity user name or password for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them, as well.

To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we encourage you to remain vigilant to review your account statements and to monitor your credit or similar types of reports.
    We thank you for your patience as we complete our investigation of this incident, and we regret any inconvenience. Our teams are working around the clock on this, and services will be restored as soon as possible. Sony takes information protection very seriously and will continue to work to ensure that additional measures are taken to protect personally identifiable information. Providing quality and secure entertainment services to our customers is our utmost priority. Please check www.eu.playstation.com/psnoutage should you have any additional questions.
    Sincerely,
    Sony Network Entertainment and Sony Computer Entertainment Teams
    Sony Network Entertainment Europe Limited (formerly known as PlayStation Network Europe Limited) is a subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited the data controller for PlayStation Network/Qriocity personal data.

From > http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/04/26/psnqriocity-service-update/
    Zoli
    Zoli

Forum Grade Points : 7446

Post by Zoli Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:24 pm

We have a clear path to have PlayStation Network and Qriocity systems back online, and expect to restore some services within a week.
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Forum Grade Points : 6847

Post by AtticusValo Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:13 pm

FraRPetO
    FraRPetO

Post by FraRPetO Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:22 am

I checked my bank this morning and saw "Sony Online Service" and took all my money Sad
    Those hackers must have been reeeeeaaally jealous about my trophies

PS. I'm serious
    JUDGE
    JUDGE

Forum Grade Points : 6037

Post by JUDGE Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:24 am

no way,so its no joke of yours?wow thats really tuff shit,wonder how sony is comin up for this.did u have a lot of money on it franz?
    FraRPetO
    FraRPetO

Post by FraRPetO Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:27 am

Not much, but I'm afraid of if they'll take all my money when I get money in 2 days Evil or Very Mad
    Fucking no-life hackers
    Padraig
    Padraig

Forum Grade Points : 7642

Post by Padraig Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:32 am

Franz if they took my money, I'll kill you -__-
    FraRPetO
    FraRPetO

Post by FraRPetO Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:33 am

There's no way you can kill me pad, just like pyun said, scandinavian students are very good at surviving
    trudat
    JUDGE
    JUDGE

Post by JUDGE Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:44 am

im afraid sony gonna lose a lot of money when this is all over
    necronomicon
    necronomicon

Forum Grade Points : 5243

Post by necronomicon Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:04 am

just checked my bank acc, nothing missing so far.
    correct me if wrong but they only got the credit card number and not the security nr or the expiration date, and dont u need both of them to buy something online? so they can "only" take the money we had on our psn acc.
    Legend/Sasuke
    Legend/Sasuke

Forum Grade Points : 5527

Post by Legend/Sasuke Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:22 am

man... we"re gonna miss surv again.. PSN down? - Page 3 708746
    JUDGE
    JUDGE

Post by JUDGE Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:24 am

wooow i was right,they say it will cost sony more than 24 billion dollars.sry i only have a german source:
    http://www.play3.de/2011/04/27/daten-gau-im-psn-meldungen-aus-aller-welt/
    Legend/Sasuke
    Legend/Sasuke

Post by Legend/Sasuke Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:28 am

in english xD

The data, worst on the PlayStation Network is currently being discussed in all media. At the same report, more and more organizations and experts say. Here is a short summary (continued):

Experts estimate the possible cost for Sony to over 24 billion U.S. dollars
    The experts of the Poneman Institute estimate the cost of data breaches to over 24 billion dollars. Serve as a basis the average cost of compromised records that are used for criminal activities. In 2010 the cost was for a record 318 U.S. dollars, it said.

Data theft reported too late?
    Roughly a week before Sony took the PSN servers from the network and prevent users from to log into the network. Already a few days, the Group completed an external attack is not enough.

After Sony last night for the first time gave a detailed statement, warned in the front of it was that unauthorized persons can probably get access to personal information of users who must face the Group now has the question of why they waited to publish this info for so long.

Sony assured, however, that the true extent was not recognized until yesterday. Customers were informed immediately thereafter.

PSN emergency costs developers money
    The shutdown of the PSNs brings particular difficulties in smaller studios, even if they keep still seems limited. Bill Fryer by Creat Studios, for example, explained: "Well, the shutdown has affected our revenue.

Create Studios is based on cooperation instead of confrontation: "We are supporting Sony and are hopeful that the current repairs will lead to a safer network for all of us."

Pronounced the "is vs. Plants. Zombies publisher PopCap Games: "PSN is one of our key distribution channels to reach console gamers. And the situation looks like that Sony gamers, if not compensate, the developers should. "

UK Data Protection Agency announces investigation
    The UK data protection authority will investigate the attack on the PSN and the associated data theft in more detail: "We were recently informed of an incident that seems to affect Sony," the authority's € gamers. "We will contact Sony and other requests directed to them to determine the precise nature of the incident before deciding what steps, if needed, should be made."

Legend/Sasuke
    Legend/Sasuke

Post by Legend/Sasuke Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:42 pm

franz is right.
    hackers ARE JEALOUS of his trophies lol Cool
    FraRPetO
    FraRPetO

Post by FraRPetO Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:32 am

I'm always right.
    brosnan -_- and his hacker fellows being jealous of my trophies -_-
    JUDGE
    JUDGE

Post by JUDGE Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:27 am

your trophies or your money lol! ??
    FraRPetO
    FraRPetO

Post by FraRPetO Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:47 am

both Laughing
    JUDGE
    JUDGE

Post by JUDGE Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:34 am

lol did u see whats on sale in the rwd shop.sum gloves for 50 rwd hahahaha.i wonder if they make that on purpose,cuz psn is down scratch
    REB0RN
    REB0RN

Forum Grade Points : 5015

Post by REB0RN Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:56 pm

Atleast sum good came out of this online break......gt 3 plats during this time and btw has anyone elses error code changed to "80710092" or is this my shetty net :S . I HOPE ITS A SiGN!
    FraRPetO
    FraRPetO

Post by FraRPetO Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:13 pm

i got it too
    -Doshka
    -Doshka

Forum Grade Points : 4955

Post by -Doshka Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:18 pm

I got the error too. bounce psn is going to be up on the 4th of May..
    JUDGE
    JUDGE

Post by JUDGE Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:14 am

whos saying that doshka?i think it will take sum more weeks not days
    -Doshka
    -Doshka

Forum Grade Points : 4955

Post by -Doshka Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:55 am

A friend told me. And also Sony said its on a wednesday when psn is going to be up.
    JUDGE
    JUDGE

Post by JUDGE Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:23 am

a friend??? doesnt sound that safe tbh.sony didnt say a date so far so nothing is confirmed.its just a wish that psn works again next wednesday.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 7:03 am