Welcome to The Rebellion Forums.

Please make an account or sign in as a guest.

If you wish to join us then make a topic in our recruiting section.

Thank you

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to The Rebellion Forums.

Please make an account or sign in as a guest.

If you wish to join us then make a topic in our recruiting section.

Thank you

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quiet

Payno
    Payno

Forum Grade Points : 8835

Quiet Empty Quiet

Post by Payno Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:24 am

Some info on the character 'Quiet' from MGS5. Kojima causing some controversy by wanting to make his characters more erotic. He seemed to later back-track on the erotic comments on twitter.

Quiet Ibee0QfcebkreA

Kojima said on Twitter:

He's been ordering art director Yoji Shinkawa:

"to make the character more erotic, and he did it well. Recently I've been making characters this way."
    He added that his goal with characters is to:

"create the setting thoroughly, how he/she spent early life, name, style, favourite phrase, fashion, action to stand the character out."

"The initial target is to make you want to do cosplay or for its figurine to sell well."
    He later back-tracked on the erotic comments:

“I know there’s people concerning about Quiet but don’t worry. I created her character as an antithesis to the women characters appeared in the past fighting game who are excessively exposed. Quiet who doesn't have a word will be teased in the story as well.

But once you recognize the secret reason for her exposure, you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds.

Theme of MGSV is GENE⇒ MEME⇒ SCENE⇒ PEACE⇒ RACE”. Story touches the misunderstanding, prejudice, hatred, conflict caused by the difference of language, race, custom, culture, and preference.

The response of Quiet disclosure few days ago incited by the net is exactly what MGSV itself is."

"Maybe the phrase 'erotic' wasn't really correct with what I was trying to say".  "What I'm really trying to do is create unique characters. One is, of course, Quiet, she's a really unique character." We wanted to add that sexiness. It wasn't very erotic, but, more of the sexy."
    Artist Yoji Shinkawa elaborated, stating that he wants everything in Metal Gear Solid to be sexy.

"It's not just the characters, but often I look at a character or vehicle and feel, 'wow, that's sexy.'"
    Quiet’s voice and motion capture is provided by Dutch model Stefanie Joosten, who had this to say on the matter:

"Of course, I was surprised to see Quiet’s outfit at first. But, you know, it fits in the Metal Gear universe, I think. I don’t think I’m allowed to say a lot about this, but, well, Mr. Kojima has his reasons for deciding why Quiet [is] wearing what she’s wearing."
    Not sure what the exact reasons are for making Quiet look the way she does, other than Kojima being a bit of a perv as usual.

Quiet Q01_6x9

More Quiet HD Pictures

Last edited by Payno on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:34 am; edited 2 times in total
    Payno
    Payno

Forum Grade Points : 8835

Quiet Empty Re: Quiet

Post by Payno Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:13 am

Kojima posted images on Twitter of Stefanie doing the motion capture for Quiet. Thought these would have been done quite some time ago unless they are re-doing some shots. There was a video of Kiefer Sutherland doing his quite some time ago.

Quiet 2m66fe8

Kojima seems quite obsessed with this woman. Everyday he seems to be posting new photos of her.

Found that video of Kiefer doing his motion cap. It was on the voice announcement thing they did a while back. 2:20 onwards.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:13 pm