Welcome to The Rebellion Forums.

Please make an account or sign in as a guest.

If you wish to join us then make a topic in our recruiting section.

Thank you

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to The Rebellion Forums.

Please make an account or sign in as a guest.

If you wish to join us then make a topic in our recruiting section.

Thank you

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Video games promote hatred, violence and sexism

Payno
    Payno

Forum Grade Points : 8851

Video games promote hatred, violence and sexism Empty Video games promote hatred, violence and sexism

Post by Payno Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:01 pm

Try watching this without getting angry.

For those of you who aren't in England and dont know who these people are:

Alan Titchmarsh (the presenter) - used to present gardening programmes but now tries hosting chat shows that cover all sorts of topics.
    Julie Peasgood - British actress and author who starred in A Woman's Guide to Adultery and wrote The Greatest Sex Tips in the World.
    Tim Ingham - CVG editor
    Kelvin McKenzie - ex newspaper editor.

The gardner and the slut's comments are particularly grating.
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Forum Grade Points : 6846

Video games promote hatred, violence and sexism Empty Re: Video games promote hatred, violence and sexism

Post by AtticusValo Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:33 pm

A load of invalids, 3 people who have no clue wtf they are talking about and the CVG editor was left to the slaughter, but atleast he knows what the hell hes talking about.

No wonder the average viewing age for that show is 60, using westerns and the lone ranger as comparisons, reeeeeeeeeeeeally?
    .:ABDuL:.
    .:ABDuL:.

Forum Grade Points : 5271

Video games promote hatred, violence and sexism Empty Re: Video games promote hatred, violence and sexism

Post by .:ABDuL:. Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:13 am

These retards are just trying to put a hate on video games because they probably
    never had the chance to play the games we play today. XD
    Zoli
    Zoli

Forum Grade Points : 7445

Post by Zoli Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:33 am

facepalm
    wtap
    wtap

Forum Grade Points : 5483

Post by wtap Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:26 am

Oh god, i really want to write a detailed critique of this but my head hurts too much.

The only guy apart from the poor CVG man that makes a point that i can really see where he is coming from is the newspaper editor.

Just more semi-right wing, conservative, quasi-american style of TV that sadly is becoming more and more commonplace on our British screens.
    Payno
    Payno

Forum Grade Points : 8851

Post by Payno Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:12 am

I have no problem with people who dislike video games, it's no different to me disliking rugby. But these people went on this show with no intention of having an open mind about it. It was just an opportunity for them to have a rant and gain some kudos with the ageing audience.

Sadly it worked and that show has probably convinced all it's viewers that anyone who plays video games will probably kill them in a mad video game fuelled frenzy.

If anything, video games have convinced me to never pick up a gun unless some kind of real life auto aim feature is invented.

Through Gran Turismo does seem to have made me get in to every car's slipstream on the motorway just so I can get a little extra speed.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:44 pm