Welcome to The Rebellion Forums.

Please make an account or sign in as a guest.

If you wish to join us then make a topic in our recruiting section.

Thank you

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to The Rebellion Forums.

Please make an account or sign in as a guest.

If you wish to join us then make a topic in our recruiting section.

Thank you

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
JUDGE
AtticusValo
BABUSHKA
Padraig
Payno
9 posters

New map and game mode released soon?

Payno
    Payno

Forum Grade Points : 8838

New map and game mode released soon? Empty New map and game mode released soon?

Post by Payno Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:57 am

Most of you have probably noticed the ???? in your stats which indicate another game mode is being released soon. But if you try creating a new game in a lobby, when selecting a map there is also another ????

My money is on a shadow moses map. Any ideas?
    Padraig
    Padraig

Forum Grade Points : 7628

New map and game mode released soon? Empty Re: New map and game mode released soon?

Post by Padraig Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:21 am

A lot of people are guessing its a new mode called Assassination where one person on one team is randomly chosen and the other team has to kill him. Could be Stealth Team Deathmatch. All rumours at the moment really. The only thing half confirmed is that it will be out between the middle and end of next month.
    BABUSHKA
    BABUSHKA

Forum Grade Points : 5741

New map and game mode released soon? Empty Re: New map and game mode released soon?

Post by BABUSHKA Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:59 am

Capture ---> CAP
    Rescue ---> RES
    Assassination? ---> ASS

Hm.. sounds interesting Very Happy
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Forum Grade Points : 6833

Post by AtticusValo Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:18 pm

Like the assasination in Killzone 2?

If it is then that would be gurrd
    Padraig
    Padraig

Post by Padraig Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:42 am

Just got official word. Its called "Blue Roof Is Mine". Basically you are in UU and who ever stays longest on blue roof after 5 mins wins. I pwned Atti at it last night Razz
    JUDGE
    JUDGE

Forum Grade Points : 6023

Post by JUDGE Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:11 am

i also think it will be the shadow moses map,the one where u fought sniper wolf the 2nd time.remember the end of the scene trailer.there was snake wth a kerotan also.the new game mode will probably be sth like that.
    Padraig
    Padraig

Post by Padraig Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:17 am

I think Kerotan on Snake's head was for the Solo Capture mode
    BABUSHKA
    BABUSHKA

Post by BABUSHKA Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:18 am

Yh, I always thought it will be a mode with snake and kero, and not a mode like SCAPBASE, and the new map, it may be only available with this specific mode (I DONT KNOW, JUST A THOUGHT) cuz why should they add them together MODE+MAP???

You cant play SCAP WITH SNAKE
    Padraig
    Padraig

Post by Padraig Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:27 am

But the new map is the in the list of maps you can choose when you go to create a game so I'm not sure it will be for this mode only. Good thinking outside the box though. I played that Shadow Moses map last night and the blizzard makes it impossible to see things @.@
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Forum Grade Points : 6833

Post by AtticusValo Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:53 am

PadraigB91 wrote:Just got official word. Its called "Blue Roof Is Mine". Basically you are in UU and who ever stays longest on blue roof after 5 mins wins. I pwned Atti at it last night Razz
    lol, more like the other way round!!

I was kicking ass with that barrel ;D
    Padraig
    Padraig

Post by Padraig Wed May 06, 2009 2:17 am

Its a Race Mission basically. You gotta run your target through a checkpoint and then another one appears throughout the map. Its on MGOF for a more detailed description. It's being released next Tuesday
    gibsonmate
    gibsonmate

Forum Grade Points : -4535

Post by gibsonmate Wed May 06, 2009 3:03 am

>_>
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Wed May 06, 2009 5:16 am

Taken from the source:

Hello all! The SCENE Expansion pack was recently released for Metal Gear Online, which came with a ton of exciting new features, maps, and of course two new playable characters, Vamp and Raiden. But there’s even more content coming soon! Starting on May 12th 2009, all players, not just those who have purchased SCENE, will be able to play an entirely new game mode, Race Mission! This mode pits two teams against each other, with the Blue Team searching for and protecting the KEROTAN target, and the Red Team searching for and protecting the GA-KO target. Each time a team passes a check point with its target in hand, a new checkpoint will be generated. If a team drops its target and the target is not retrieved within a set period of time, the target’s position will be reset and the checkpoint will change.

New map and game mode released soon? 2vkm1ra

New map and game mode released soon? Abgugg

New map and game mode released soon? 2uifcjl

There will also be an exciting new “Patriot” feature available to all players, starting on May 26th. This feature will select a few lucky players every week starting from the 26th, and give them exclusive access to a 5.56mm Hand Rifle with infinite ammunition and no reload. Players will have access to these unique “Patriot” features until the next ranking update. You’d better watch out when a “Patriot” joins your game!

New map and game mode released soon? E9yrgk

New map and game mode released soon? 2ujnqra

These new features are open to all players, but there’s even more content available in the three MGO Expansion Packs: SCENE, MEME, and GENE. All three are available via Metal Gear Online’s in-game shop and Konami’s shop. Along with all regular methods of payment, you are now able to use the PlayStation Network Wallet payment system.
    Stay tuned for updates in the coming weeks, as the one-year anniversary of the launch of Metal Gear Solid 4 approaches, we’ll be revealing even more awesome stuff to celebrate!

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2009 5:20 am

The partriot feautre,hm....... Ftw
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Wed May 06, 2009 5:58 am

I cant wait to be called a patriot noob

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2009 6:13 am

Same id be loloing my head off
    BABUSHKA
    BABUSHKA

Post by BABUSHKA Thu May 07, 2009 4:32 am

Payno wrote:I cant wait to be called a patriot noob

Do you think it will be given random or according to your weekly activity or something? scratch

cool RACE might be really fun Thumbs Up!!

no news about the new level though, well maybe later
    Zoli
    Zoli

Forum Grade Points : 7432

Post by Zoli Tue May 12, 2009 3:16 am

I downloaded the new patch, its not big. it was 2mins...
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Tue May 12, 2009 3:58 am

BEST MODE EVER!!!
    U only have to run w the target to the checkpoints. this mode isnt for gp nd lvl whores coz i only run w the target nd my k/d ratio was 2/7 but i have 4 goals nd i was 2nd.

Its like CAP but u can only pick up 1 target nd the checkpoints are always changing

Last edited by Zoli on Tue May 12, 2009 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Tue May 12, 2009 4:00 am

W good teamwork nd skype is really easy this mode. we need 2ppl w run3 + stun (me + 1 Very Happy) nd the others back up us w weapon skills...
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Tue May 12, 2009 5:19 am

Box 3 ftw?
    Player One
    Player One

Forum Grade Points : 6055

Post by Player One Tue May 12, 2009 8:58 am

Hey I still have run 3 Very Happy
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Tue May 12, 2009 9:47 am

Everybody think that is TDM nd they camp w AR3 Rolling Eyes
    Anto
    Anto

Forum Grade Points : 6096

Post by Anto Wed May 13, 2009 9:44 am

i dont like it much, its jus a different version of capture tbh but more tw is involved

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:14 am