Welcome to The Rebellion Forums.

Please make an account or sign in as a guest.

If you wish to join us then make a topic in our recruiting section.

Thank you

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to The Rebellion Forums.

Please make an account or sign in as a guest.

If you wish to join us then make a topic in our recruiting section.

Thank you

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

New clan name, logo, forum artwork and layout

Payno
    Payno

Forum Grade Points : 8845

New clan name, logo, forum artwork and layout Empty New clan name, logo, forum artwork and layout

Post by Payno Sun May 24, 2009 11:31 am

Thought we should have a thread where we can throw around some ideas for this new clan.

Clan name?
    Clan emblem?
    Colour theme?

I like this whole 'rebellion' thing that P1 started so maybe we can evolve that? Or just be called 'The Rebellion'?

This raging fist and wolf seems to have stuck for us so maybe work our emblem and colour theme around that? Should we stick with the traditional RCR red and black or change it completely?

Player One, I know you want to do help out with the artwork on the site so I have made you an Administrator for now so that you can see how the site works so it will hopefully give you an idea about how much needs doing. Im sure you and Atti can come up with some cool stuff together.
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Forum Grade Points : 6840

New clan name, logo, forum artwork and layout Empty Re: New clan name, logo, forum artwork and layout

Post by AtticusValo Sun May 24, 2009 11:40 am

i quite like the fist idea myself. Ill use pads fist as an example.
    New clan name, logo, forum artwork and layout 54-44

Somthing like this could be easily turned into a emblem, it would take hours of work.
    Im just throwing shit around atm but i like the fist theme.

As for a name i like the 'CAC' quote. But its a shame because it has too many characters to be made a clan name.
    Player One
    Player One

Forum Grade Points : 6062

New clan name, logo, forum artwork and layout Empty Re: New clan name, logo, forum artwork and layout

Post by Player One Sun May 24, 2009 1:10 pm

You sure you trust me with this kind of power? Anyway..

I've looked through the administrator thingy really quick and yeah I could make this happen. I'll just use the preview window to see how things are going to look. I won't apply the changes, but write down what I have in mind.

About the changes.. Do we need a complete new clan? RCR is fine, we have a good rep and good stats. I was thinking about only throwing over the visual style.

We can always say the R in R Clan stands for rebellion or revolution.

How about power fists in yellow red and black, and a new theme song like an old soviet republic thingy :p

I'll just go screw with my admin rights now, and see what can and what cannot be changed.

sly
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Sun May 24, 2009 1:25 pm

Of course I trust you. But remember, with great power comes great responsibility! YOu have access to pretty much everything.

Just have a little looksee and see what you can do. It can take a bit of time because of all the niggly things like the buttons.

I thought about not changing the name, but I think our reputation has kind of gone down the pan over the past few months. Not in a totally bad way, but RCR doesnt seem to command any interest at the moment.

'You guys still around?'
    'I remember when you guys were really good'

I think change would do us good.
    Player One
    Player One

Post by Player One Sun May 24, 2009 1:26 pm

Ah I did my first good deed. I changed our ranking so the ----- is gone. I just used my original wolf image and set the rank name to 'Wolf'

I'm getting good at this.
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Sun May 24, 2009 1:28 pm

Ha! Yeah the ----- was just laziness on my part.
    Padraig
    Padraig

Forum Grade Points : 7635

Post by Padraig Sun May 24, 2009 1:34 pm

AtticusValo wrote:i quite like the fist idea myself. Ill use pads fist as an example.
    New clan name, logo, forum artwork and layout 54-44

Somthing like this could be easily turned into a emblem, it would take hours of work.
    Im just throwing shit around atm but i like the fist theme.

As for a name i like the 'CAC' quote. But its a shame because it has too many characters to be made a clan name.

Can I recommend we use something more clear? I'm only in the clan with about 3 months and I must have been asked about 50 times "wtf is your emblem?!!". Anyways, I'll leave it up to the grafix kidz

sly
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Sun May 24, 2009 1:38 pm

trudat

Pad, would you be able to moderate the new forum once it is up?

You're one of the most active people on the site and also one of the most sensible.
    Player One
    Player One

Post by Player One Sun May 24, 2009 1:41 pm

Yeah I'm the grafix kid, you're right Pad I made a skull emblem once, and people asked me if it was the moon :p I get it though. I'll make sure the fist will be know everywhere.

About the name change... We can disband the clan and 'reset' this forum, the only reference to RCR then will be the link: rclan.forumacti... you know what I mean.
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Sun May 24, 2009 1:47 pm

It was the mooniest moon I have ever seen. It couldnt have been any more like the moon Razz

No need to reset the forum as there are alot of posts here that I'd like to keep. But I will be heavily deleting alot of old posts and users.

And we can set up a new URL elsewhere and have it redirected to this site. So people will type in www.the rebellion.com (or whatever) but be directed here.

Last edited by Payno on Sun May 24, 2009 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Padraig
    Padraig

Post by Padraig Sun May 24, 2009 1:49 pm

Payno wrote:trudat

You're one of the most active people on the site and also one of the most sensible.

I'd be delighted to, thanks Smile

Player One wrote:Yeah I'm the grafix kid, you're right Pad I made a skull emblem once, and people asked me if it was the moon :p I get it though. I'll make sure the fist will be know everywhere.

About the name change... We can disband the clan and 'reset' this forum, the only reference to RCR then will be the link: rclan.forumacti... you know what I mean.

I'm sure I read something about Crysis changing the url or a way to access it hmmm ^o)
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Sun May 24, 2009 1:56 pm

PadraigB91 wrote:
    Payno wrote:trudat

I'd be delighted to, thanks Smile

Player One wrote:Yeah I'm the grafix kid, you're right Pad I made a skull emblem once, and people asked me if it was the moon :p I get it though. I'll make sure the fist will be know everywhere.

I'm sure I read something about Crysis changing the url or a way to access it hmmm ^o)

Nice one. Thanks for that Thumbs Up!!

I edited my post (see above) so yes it is possible.
    Padraig
    Padraig

Post by Padraig Sun May 24, 2009 1:58 pm

You are right, I am over active on this site Very Happy

sly
    Padraig
    Padraig

Post by Padraig Sun May 24, 2009 2:42 pm

First game tonight of tourny: Randomer: "I like your emblem, is it a lamp?" Very Happy
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Forum Grade Points : 6840

Post by AtticusValo Sun May 24, 2009 3:06 pm

Lovin all the plans ;D
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Sun May 24, 2009 8:30 pm

Look how cool this part of the forum looks.

The blacks, reds, oranges and bits of yellow. I think we have just stumbled across our colour theme.

And all these variations of the fist, I cant see anything else being our clan emblem to be honest.

Just quickly scroll up and down the page to see how good it all looks together. Anyone agree?

EDIT: ok, scroll the last page...
    Player One
    Player One

Post by Player One Mon May 25, 2009 5:01 am

I'll start working out some idea's... And we could disallow the use of avatars and just hand them out to keep or change the avatar gallery.

By the way, I'm working on a fist Icon to post with the messages, and making an emblem design.

But guys... the new name? You know what the original name for this conspiracy was?

The Neo-Roman Conspiracy

And check out this smily:

Boom! Headshot.
    Player One
    Player One

Post by Player One Mon May 25, 2009 5:19 am

And here it is!

Change.
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Mon May 25, 2009 9:27 am

Avatar gallery would be a good idea.

I remember when the Philosopher clan were at their peak and they all had matching sigs and avatars, It kind gave them an identity. Would be cool if we had that.

I've started using my sig and avatar on MGOForums too.
    Player One
    Player One

Post by Player One Mon May 25, 2009 9:50 am

I took a look at the avatar gallery and I doubt I can customize it Sad
    Padraig
    Padraig

Post by Padraig Mon May 25, 2009 10:57 am

Player One your sig rawks hard Shocked
    Player One
    Player One

Post by Player One Mon May 25, 2009 10:59 am

Well I am the grafix man, I was testing some visual styles and afterwards made a sig out of it.

Me likey too.
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Mon May 25, 2009 11:17 am

Im quite looking forward to what u and Atti will do to this forum. I predict awesomeness.
    Padraig
    Padraig

Post by Padraig Mon May 25, 2009 4:46 pm

Payno wrote:Im quite looking forward to what u and Atti will do to this forum. I predict awesomeness.

This section of the forum is looking so hot with the sigs and avatars. Theme song anyone??

sly Change. sly
    Player One
    Player One

Post by Player One Tue May 26, 2009 3:34 am

Dude if you go changes go Tupac Cool

But I suggest the X Project if we decide to go for Conspiracy X or something simillar:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:34 am