Welcome to The Rebellion Forums.

Please make an account or sign in as a guest.

If you wish to join us then make a topic in our recruiting section.

Thank you

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to The Rebellion Forums.

Please make an account or sign in as a guest.

If you wish to join us then make a topic in our recruiting section.

Thank you

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
wtap
Padraig
AtticusValo
Zoli
Payno
9 posters

Premier League Discussion Thread

AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Forum Grade Points : 6847

Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Post by AtticusValo Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:03 am

Naa i cant see that happening, if maradona wanted to manage a team he'd want a "big" club.

The mystery continues.
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Post by AtticusValo Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:06 pm

This is on The Suns front page now.
    Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 11 Fsdfsd10

I'm still not buying it...

beg
    Zoli
    Zoli

Forum Grade Points : 7446

Post by Zoli Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:01 pm

i dont know. i woudnt be surprised if he d be the next coach. he s funny and he was great player but questionable as coach. AV need more tactic than run-pass-shot like by Argentina on WC. We dont have Messi, Tevez etc.
    but financially maybe he d be better than a no-name coach
    Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 11 Diego_maradona
    Payno
    Payno

Forum Grade Points : 8852

Post by Payno Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:37 pm

I'm beginning to think it was good thing having MON leave. It really sounds like he messed up or wage bill. From what I gather, he was told to clear out 6 players at the end of last season (Beye, L.Young, Sidwell, Reo-Coker, Davies and Shorey) as they earn £250k per week between them which is around £13m per year on players that barely play. As we failed to offload 5 of these players, MON was told that he couldn't have the money from the Milner transfer. He then threw a paddy 4pad and left us. Pretty selfish considering it was 5 days before the new season started and probably tells us a bit more about the guy than any of his excitable TV interviews will. Good riddance.

It didn't sound like anyone at Villa Park was too bothered about him leaving either. Randy Lerner chants, K-Mac chants, nothing about MON. Even Milner got cheered and also a standing ovation at the end.

On K-Mac, I think this guy should get the managers job until the new year at least. Obviously it sounds like we don't have too much money to throw around so we're going to have to rely on our youth set up, and nobody can do that better than K-Mac. Albrighton ripped West Ham apart on Saturday but I doubt he would have even started with MON in charge.

Plus all the managers that are available are pretty useless/too risky to appoint. Sven can't motivate, Klinnsman, Bradley, Bilic have limited club management experience and Maradona is a complete joke.

Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 11 2prv0au

There's been noises that Milner may even stay. If K-Mac can pull that off, bring through a few youngsters and sell off a few players who I first mentioned (not L.Young, he's a classy right back) then maybe he will get some cash in January to push us on.

On a less serious note, loving Juan Pablo Angel's new Villa inspired boots:

Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 11 2445yqu

UP THE VILLA
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:59 am

Milner has now officially gone Sad

We got Stephen Ireland though. I wonder how his Nan is doing?
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Post by AtticusValo Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:07 am

It's finally gone through then? about time, i know he had a medical yesterday from what i read/heard

I hope Ireland will start this week then.
    Actually i just realised aswell, you have ireland in ur fantasy team right? and you already have 3 villa players? with Ireland that makes 4 so you might have to trade one of ur Villa guys away ;o

edit: wow i think the deal is 24mil + Ireland. I know Milner was great but that's a great deal.
    Milners signed a 5 year contract with them.
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:58 am

I read it was £16-18m with Ireland on top. Not a bad deal but I think Milner would have progressed to be our Lampard or Gerrard eventually.

Ireland looked pretty awesome a couple of seasons ago though. Great on the ball, scores goals and can make some killer passes. We could easily be selling him on for £25m in a couple of seasons!

I think we'll need to play a 5 man midfield with him in the team though as he isnt likely to do as much defending and tackling like Milner did.

Friedel
    L.Young - Collins/Cuellar - Dunne - Warnock
    Albrighton - Petrov - Ireland - Downing
    A.Young
    Carew/Agbonlahor

Hopefully I wont have to ditch a player from my fantasy team. Most leagues that Ive usually been in allow you to keep a player if he was transferred after you register. I hope :s
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Post by AtticusValo Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:12 am

Yeah maybe, youll find out next week. He's on ur bench atm anyway (unless you start him for newcastle).

& yeah Ireland fits in nicely. Our midfield is still looking ok, but we need some transfers. Ireland is our first and we have just over a week before the transfer deadline.
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 pm

i cant understand AV's philosophy. why they give up EL? they still dreaming about best 4? i thought it was MON idiotic idea
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:34 pm

Teams get more money for coming bottom of the Premier League than for winning the Europa League, so you can see why teams prioritise it.

Just a shame that we spend an entire season trying to qualify for it, only to rest players when we do qualify so that we dont damage our chances of qualifying for it again next year. Vicious cycle Razz
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:28 am

Game is on Sopcast: alv1172
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:08 am

this is ridiculous. WTF IS GOING ON???
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Post by AtticusValo Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:49 am

Here comes hat trick Heskey!
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:27 am

WTF WAS THIS??? srsly 0-6 vs Newcastle what a disgrace. i dunno why they were playing shit maybe coz Milner gone!? i knew when Carew missed the penalty the shit going down

i started to write Ups & Downs but i stopped after the first half they were all playing horrible only Ashley Young was trying

Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 11 118720
    Padraig
    Padraig

Forum Grade Points : 7642

Post by Padraig Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:35 am

Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 11 Payno10
    Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 11 Haha

Good game. d2
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Post by AtticusValo Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:41 am

Kudos to newcastle, we were atrocious

I don't know what kmac was doing playing Heskey on the right before Carew was subbed off, and then after that Petrov was
    push to the right. w-t-f

No heart, no creativity, no spine

+ my nan can run faster than Carew.
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:04 am

AtticusValo wrote:+ my nan can run faster than Carew.

and kick better penalty
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:26 am

They got lucky.
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:33 am

lucky 6 goals?
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:34 am

Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 11 578481
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Post by AtticusValo Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:44 am

xDDD
    PERFECTIONIST
    PERFECTIONIST

Forum Grade Points : 5052

Post by PERFECTIONIST Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:34 am

Yh, But How about todays results Aston Villa - 0 Newcastle - 6
    trudat
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:18 pm

pls somebody cut off Heskey's legs or his head
    Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 11 118720

edit*
    HESKEY SCORED Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 11 578481

Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 11 708746
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:00 pm

I don't know if I have time to type everything that has gone wrong over the past couple of weeks.
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:28 pm

yeah it ll be a long-long season

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 2:22 am