Welcome to The Rebellion Forums.

Please make an account or sign in as a guest.

If you wish to join us then make a topic in our recruiting section.

Thank you

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to The Rebellion Forums.

Please make an account or sign in as a guest.

If you wish to join us then make a topic in our recruiting section.

Thank you

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
wtap
Padraig
AtticusValo
Zoli
Payno
9 posters

Premier League Discussion Thread

Zoli
    Zoli

Forum Grade Points : 7449

Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Post by Zoli Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:10 am

Thats my luck. im watching every Villa game and they lose or draw. i coudnt watch the match yesterday and they won 3-1. Even Heskey scored
    Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 13 578481
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Forum Grade Points : 6850

Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Post by AtticusValo Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:23 am

I dont' think you could have anyway, it wasnt on TV. The only ones that were was The Manu game and spurs/arsenal. There was only a highlights show. Still early anyway, that was only the 3rd round i think.
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:34 am

phew
    Chelsea, Liverpool, MC are out Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 13 170235
    Payno
    Payno

Forum Grade Points : 8855

Post by Payno Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:19 am

I couldn't find a stream either. I haven't even seen the highlights yet.

I heard that Heskey was man of the match though Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 13 578481

I saw that we used all 3 substitutes and even changed formation at half time. Did MON ever do anything like this?
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:43 am

Found an Emile Heskey drinking game online!

THE RULES.

Emile is seen walking anywhere on the pitch - two fingers of alcohol

Emile is seen sprinting anywhere on the pitch - four fingers of alcohol

Emile pulls a face reminicent of Eyore from Winnie the Pooh because he hasn't been given the ball - Three fingers of alcohol

Reference is made to Emile's playing days under Martin O'Neill - Last one to shout out 'FOXES' has to down their drink

Emile's ability to 'hold up the ball' is mentioned - Three fingers of alcohol

Emile comes back to defend a free kick/corner and makes a defensive mare - Last one to shout out 'DONKEY' drinks four fingers of alcohol

Emile falls over (anywhere on the pitch) - half of all drinks must be downed

Emile heads the ball in a directionless fashion, aimed for no one in particular resulting in the ball going out of play - 3 shots

Emile scores - all drinks must be downed.

If Emile's Liverpool days are brought up by a commentator - 1 shot

If Emile's potential as a candidate for Man of The Match are brought up - 3 shots, followed by 3 shots, followed by 3 shots.

Every time Capello repeats the same tactical substitution of Emile for 'Big Peter' Crouch at around the 70th minute - Everyone must down their drinks followed by a standing ovation.

Emile misses a sitter or trips over the ball - 3 shots

Emile is caught offside - 3 fingers

If Emile repeats his "DJ" or "Putter" celebration – Last one to shout out ‘IVANHOE’ downs their drink

Any reference to his 'Glory days' when partnering Michael Owen: 1 shot

Emile attempts a bicycle kick - Down all drinks

Emile SCORES with a bicycle kick – Another round of drinks in and downed.

A commentator claims that forwards ‘Love to play with Heskey’ – Three fingers

Emile scores a hat trick - 3 pints downed then 3 shots downed, followed by a standing ovation.
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:54 am

LOOOOOOL
    Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 13 19533
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Post by AtticusValo Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:54 am

Payno wrote:Emile scores a hat trick - 3 pints downed then 3 shots downed, followed by a standing ovation.
    haa love it! good find
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:55 am

Match is at SopCast alv1172 (Channel - 82153)
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Post by AtticusValo Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:01 am

They're starting Heskey, should be interesting..
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:04 am

I fukking knew it he was wanking over Heskey after the Cup game. i already hate him
    u cant leave out Carew or Agbonlahor

get ready to play the Heskey drinking game
    Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 13 19533

wtf happened with Carew he s not on the bench
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:00 am

Payno wrote:Emile scores - all drinks must be downed.

If Emile's Liverpool days are brought up by a commentator - 1 shot

If Emile's potential as a candidate for Man of The Match are brought up - 3 shots, followed by 3 shots, followed by 3 shots.

I LOVE YOU HESKEY
    Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 13 671691
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:05 am

He's turned in to a scoring machine!

I'm liking how Houllier is getting us to play. Tactically he is way better than MON but I don't know if he can motivate people like MON could. He seems to have done something to Heskey though...

I can see him selling off players like Petrov, Carew and Agbonlahor though. They were MON favourites but they just don't seem to be his type of player.

Cisse, Owen and some classy foreign midfielder to come to Villa in January.
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Post by AtticusValo Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:36 am

I can see Petrov and Carew probably being sold, Houllier already sold Carew at Lyon so history will repeat itself Razz

It should be a busy January transfer (i hope), with no transfers earlier in the season (not including Ireland part-exchange) and a new manager with a new approach it wil be a great opening, and a name like Houllier might widen our signing options.

Cisse would be great, i quite liked him at Liverpool even though he died down a little near the end of his Loverpool run. Owen seems likely too, He's barely a fringe player at Utd so Villa+Houllier might appeal to him.
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:50 am

TOTTENHAM: Gomes, Hutton, Huddlestone, Bassong, Assou-Ekotto, Van der Vaart, Jenas, Modric, Bale, Pavlyuchenko, Crouch
    ASTON VILLA: Friedel, Luke Young, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Ashley Young, Albrighton, Petrov, Reo-Coker, Downing, Heskey... Subs: Guzan, Sidwell, Ireland, Carew, Clark, Cuellar, Bannan

Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa have met 134 times in the league. Tottenham have won 52, Aston Villa 49 and there have been 33 draws

Online stream: SopCast alv1172 (Channel - 82153)
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Post by AtticusValo Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:11 am

Zoli wrote:TOTTENHAM:Online stream: SopCast alv1172 (Channel - 82153)
    sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/82153 <- direct link, opens it up automatically
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:25 am

AtticusValo wrote:sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/82153 <- direct link, opens it up automatically
    i dunno u know it but there is a button (looks like a double-window) it opens the stream in Windows Media Player and has better sound and a bit bigger screen

Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 13 Img_2510
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:53 am

Fukking joke lose from 1-0 again
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:46 am

You guys watch the Chelsea game? First 5 minutes we looked immense. I think Houllier is making us play proper football now rather than the long ball game than MON instilled in us.

Carew looked dead on his feet though. For the first time ever, I can't wait until we get Heskey back!
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Post by AtticusValo Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:40 am

Yeah, great first 5 minutes. The miss by Ireland was a shame, more than the final chance by Reo-Coker i thought. We've improved on counter attacking too, there was some nice build ups from what i saw. But i cant complain at a draw, the club is back on its feet now and we should be looking good for a euro place.

I'm not quite buying into Heskey yet Razz
    If he stays reliable then that's ok, but atm it looks like Heskey has stolen Carews form atm :L
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:56 am

Yeah Carew, Ireland and Reo-Coker all should have scored I thought. It was agonising watching Reo-Cokers shot roll wide, seemed to take ages.

Ok, maybe I'm not 100% on Heskey either but Carew has just fallen apart for some reason. I'd have anyone playing except for him.
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:05 am

Sunderland - Aston Villa

Channel: http://www.espa.tv/embed.php?channel=rus3&width=780&height=560 / sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/6816

Sunderland: Mignolet, Onuoha, Turner, Bramble, Bardsley, Elmohamady, Henderson, Cattermole, Malbranque, Welbeck, Bent

Aston Villa: Friedel, Beye, Collins, Dunne, Warnock, Downing, Reo-Coker, Petrov, Ashley Young, Ireland, Heskey. Subs: Guzan, Sidwell, Carew, Albrighton, Clark, Cuellar, Bannan

Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:29 am

Dunne 4pad --> Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 13 641366
    Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 13 118720 Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 13 118720 Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 13 118720
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:44 am

Birmingham in the quarter final of the cup!
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:51 pm

"Albrighton is suspended for today's game after picking up a red card against Burnley in the Carling Cup win."

why? its PL not Carling Cup
    Villa ll miss him he is one of the best player
    Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 13 641366
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:01 am

Aston Villa - Birmingham City

Channel: sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/6816

ASTON VILLA: Friedel, Luke Young, Dunne, Collins, Clark, Downing, Reo-Coker, Sidwell, Warnock, Ashley Young, Heskey. Subs: Guzan, Ireland, Carew, Delfouneso, Cuellar, Bannan, Lichaj

BIRMINGHAM: Foster, Carr, Johnson, Dann, Ridgewell, Larsson, Gardner, Ferguson, Fahey, Hleb, Zigic

Aston Villa have won their last six PL derby matches against Birmingham. This is the longest ever winning streak within the Birmingham derby in top flight history, and Villa’s longest current winning run against another PL club.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:46 am