Welcome to The Rebellion Forums.

Please make an account or sign in as a guest.

If you wish to join us then make a topic in our recruiting section.

Thank you

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to The Rebellion Forums.

Please make an account or sign in as a guest.

If you wish to join us then make a topic in our recruiting section.

Thank you

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
wtap
Padraig
AtticusValo
Zoli
Payno
9 posters

Premier League Discussion Thread

Zoli
    Zoli

Forum Grade Points : 7449

Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Post by Zoli Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:56 am

Slow start. they started playing in the last 20mins
    Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 14 973381
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Forum Grade Points : 6850

Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Post by AtticusValo Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:55 pm

Payno wrote:Birmingham in the quarter final of the cup!
    Nice, we needed another match with them after the 0-0 fail of Sunday >_>
    Payno
    Payno

Forum Grade Points : 8855

Post by Payno Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:33 pm

It was pretty dull. It only got exciting when Reo-Coker dished out some beef but then Houllier took him off!

I think both teams were just scared of losing so didn't commit too many players forward.

The cup game should be different as there has to be a winner.
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:01 pm

Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:54 am

Just read an article about John Carew. Seems he's having a go at Houllier and looks likely to leave in January. Google translate has been used on it as it was in Norwegian so some bits don't make sense.

Aston Villa boss Gerard Houllier announced Friday that John Carew had to show that he deserves a new contract, whether it's with Villa or any other club.

- In both cases, he had to play against his best to show off the storefront, "said the Frenchman.

In today's VG (newspaper) Carew provides answers to the charges. And he feels thoroughly trampled on by Houllier, who he thinks looks a little more than well suited for only a few weeks at the club.

- It's provocative. I do not know if Gerard Houllier is poorly prepared for Aston Villa when he takes over the club? Maybe he is, "said Carew told VG.

And states:

- I think Houllier insult both me and the fans when he goes out like that.

He also uses the word "disrespectful" statements about the man he had as a manager in French Lyon. The time ended Carew on the bench for a good start, and was eventually sold to Aston Villa.

He has had some good seasons and has become a cult hero among fans, but this fall has mostly been a hardship. Carew has not scored, has lost the place of Emile Heskey, and is out for the next four injuries with damage - just while the injured Heskey.

How to respond when Houllier English newspapers snap up today's Carew-quotes is not good to say, but it forces at least not the chances of the Norwegian stay in Aston Villa when his contract expires after the season.

Carew had a good relationship with his former boss, Martin O'Neill, who quit just before the start of the season.

- We had a very good relationship, and I was very glad to have him as manager. It is a pity that he leaves, but it's his choice, "said Carew told Dagbladet (newspaper) in August.

- What was it that made their relationship so well?

- He got me to the club and have had great confidence in me in the three years I've been there. I've had a wonderful time under O'Neill: The club has done well, and I've done it wonderfully well. There have been some great years of my career, "he said.

I'm liking today's line up though. Great to see Fonz and Bannan playing.

Villa Team;
    Friedel

Young
    Dunne
    Collins
    Warnock

Albrighton
    Bannan
    Reo Coker
    Downing

Young
    Fonz
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:04 am

Fulham - Aston Villa

Channel: http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=93709&part=sports

Fulham: Schwarzer, Baird, Hangeland, Hughes, Salcido, Davies, Greening, Murphy, Gera, Dembele, Dempsey

Aston Villa: Friedel, Luke Young, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Bannan, Reo-Coker, Downing, Ashley Young, Albrighton, Delfouneso

Facts: Fulham have not won back-to-back league matches since February; The Villans have lost five of their last six away matches in the Premier League.
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:56 am

THIS IS A FUKKING JOKE
    Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 14 641366
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:35 am

On a plus point, most of the kids that played did really well.

The Fonz was a bit disappointing though. He was clear through 2-3 times and checked back for some reason letting the defender get goal-side of him. Agbonlahor would have at least got 2 goals in the positions that the Fonz had.
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Post by AtticusValo Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:31 pm

Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:01 pm

pikablah
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:49 am

Reo-Coker injured over the weekend and now Sidwell has just picked up an injury:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/9172827.stm

So I now make that:

Sidwell
    Reo-Coker
    Carew
    Heskey
    Agbonlahor
    Delph
    Gardner
    Petrov.

Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 14 118720
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:06 am

WTF are they doing in training and in the locker room? playing MMA? they not playing EL or CL games neither Suspect
    half of the starters are injured and they playing 2 games against better teams on this week
    Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 14 708746
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:42 pm

Aston Villa - Blackpool

Channel: http://www.firstrow.net/watch/36386/1/watch-aston-villa-vs-blackpool-fc.html

Aston Villa: Friedel, Luke Young, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Albrighton, Clark, Bannan, Downing, Ashley Young, Delfouneso /// Subs: Guzan, Ireland, Agbonlahor, Beye, Hogg, Lichaj, Johnson

Blackpool: Kingson, Basham, Edwards, Keinan, Carney, Southern, Sylvestre, Euell, Phillips, Harewood, Ormerod

Villa and Blackpool have met 62 times in the league. Villa have won 26, Blackpool 20 and there have been 16 draws.
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:53 am

Cuellar now injured too!
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:05 am

Premier League Discussion Thread - Page 14 441964
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Post by AtticusValo Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:35 am

wtf xD

lets just play the Academy squad next game
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:50 am

Aston Villa are likely to have eight first-team squad members unavailable for the clash with Manchester United. Carlos Cuellar has definitely been ruled out with a calf injury suffered ahead of the midweek win over Blackpool while fellow defender Habib Beye is also struggling after twisting his ankle in the warm-up against the Tangerines.Stiliyan Petrov, Nigel Reo-Coker, John Carew, Emile Heskey, Steve Sidwell and Fabian Delph are out, while striker Gabriel Agbonlahor could come into the starting line-up after making his comeback from groin surgery as a substitute against Blackpool.
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:27 pm

Steven Ireland is also doubtful for tomorrow's game as he has the flu!

I might turn up with my football boots and see if I can get a game....

Aston Villa
    Doubtful: Ireland (flu)
    Injured: Beye & Weimann (both ankle), Carew & Cuellar (both calf), Delph, Heskey, Petrov & Reo-Coker (all knee), Sidwell (Achilles)

Man Utd
    Suspended: Scholes (one match)
    Doubtful: Anderson & Gibson (both virus), Evra (ankle), Giggs (hamstring)
    Injured: Hargreaves & Owen (both hamstring), Rafael (dead leg), Rooney & Valencia (both ankle)
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:23 am

Looks like Kieran Clark picked up an injury or illness too as he didn't even make the bench.

Shame the Fonz got dropped for Gabby. I thought he did great on Wednesday.

Friedel, Young, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Albrighton, Bannan, Hogg, Downing, Webcam and Gabby

Bench - Guzan, Lichaj, The Fonz, Osbourne, Herd, Lowry and Johnson.

Albert Einstein arrives at a party and introduces himself to the first person he sees and asks, "What is your IQ?" to which the man answers "241." "That is wonderful!," says Albert. "We will talk about the Grand Unification Theory and the mysteries of the Universe. We will have much to discuss!"

Next Albert introduces himself to a woman and asks, "What is your IQ?" to which the lady answers, "144." "That is great!," responds Albert. "We can discuss politics and current affairs. We will have much to discuss!"

Albert goes to another gentleman and asks, "What is your IQ?" to which the man answers, "16." Albert responds, "How are things at Old Trafford?"
    Padraig
    Padraig

Forum Grade Points : 7645

Post by Padraig Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:38 am

That was terrible Payno
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:43 am

Aston Villa - Manchester United

Channel: http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=93727&part=sports

Aston Villa: Friedel, Luke Young, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Albrighton, Hogg, Bannan, Downing, Ashley Young, Agbonlahor. Subs: Guzan, Delfouneso, Osbourne, Lichaj, Herd, Lowry, Johnson

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Park, Fletcher, Carrick, Nani, Hernandez, Berbatov

United have won six of their last eight encounters with Villa.

Aston Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor signed a new four-and-a-half year contract. Agbonlahor has committed himself to Villa until at least the summer of 2015
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:45 am

Bad finish again. They couldnt hold on 2-goal-lead for 10mins
    :/

Villa played good but were unlucky
    Payno
    Payno

Post by Payno Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:37 am

Guess what....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6509287,00.html

On a plus note, I thought Villa were incredible on Saturday considering all the injuries we have. We gave Utd no respect whatsoever, flying in to them like they were average Sunday league players. More of that and we will finish top 6 again.
    Zoli
    Zoli

Post by Zoli Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:35 am

i dont like Payno posting here coz it means somebody injured again
    clown
    AtticusValo
    AtticusValo

Post by AtticusValo Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:17 am

Fuck. I dont even think the January transfer can save us, they're dropping like flies

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:22 am